Friday, September 25, 2009

Well here is the first post!


Okay I have never done this before so here it goes!

Today my Sophomore college daughter moved into her OWN apartment with her college dorm roommate! Milestone is all I have to say............and very strange. I knew that if she was in the dorms there was always the possibility that she would be coming home for the summers , which meant I would have all my chickens back under my roof for at least a few months. But now I think that won't be happening she is growing up and moving on to the next phase of her life. It is bittersweet to see her growing and maturing, but as a mother you wish they were still little and need you every second to help them along the way. Now I look forward to those precious phone calls every few days of "Hi Mom! Just thought I would see what you were doing......." or " Mom I don't know what to do, I need your advice." Or the ones where they are tearing up and crying because they just want to talk, and you to listen............I guess as parents we are always needed, however the need is just in a different way!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! NOW I can finally post girlfriend! Hard to believe Katy is officially "on her own" in her own apartment now - WOW - talk about a scary thought! I am NOT looking forward to those days, but if Alliye stays in the same town as us, then I guess I will survive! LOL Hang in there girl! Love ya! Hugs, Trac~ :o)

    ReplyDelete